Marshall Sidbury is a songwriter based in Durham, North Carolina.
'Late Eclipses' LP out June 18, 2021 on Aldora Britain Records
"Rattling freight trains, boundless landscapes as far as the eye can see...psychedelic country-folk...smells of desert, cactus, motels lost in the void..." - Roots!Get it Stream it
Click photos to enlarge.
Photos: Jennifer Anderson, Lee Hall, Ed Chaney, Jennifer Anderson
Find us here:
Marshall Sidbury has been writing songs since he left home in the New Mexico desert to work as a cattle hand on the rodeo circuit. One night after the rodeo, he was stabbed by a jealous husband in an Arkansas juke joint and had a spiritual awakening. He quit the rodeo and left the next day to play the piano in a traveling Pentecostal revival, until he was bitten multiple times by a venomous snake and could not travel to the next destination. After he recovered, he took a job in a tobacco warehouse near Durham, North Carolina, where he lives today. Along the way, he's picked up songs and musical styles. From the corridos of Mexican border towns to the work chants he learned as a prisoner during a brief stint in a Texas penitentiary, Marshall blends them all into his own brand of American music.
Now booking solo, duo, and band dates. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 919-381-8790.
- May 26: Nash Street Tavern solo with Greylan Hall
- April 24: Nash Street Tavern
- March 27: Bowstring Brewyard
- July 18: Bowstring Brewyard. Kris Whitenack/Marshall acoustic opens
- August 5: Nash Street Tavern
- September 18: STARworks Cafe and Taproom
- October 16: Nash Street Tavern
- October 24: Bowstring Brewyard
- December 10: The Cave
More Shows Coming Soon!
- August 24: 2nd Wind, Carrboro w/ Buckshot Betty
- September 1: Arcana, Durham w/ Infielder
- October 1: Tin Roof, Raleigh w/ The River Otters and Jim King Trio
- November 8: 2nd Wind, Carrboro
- November 26: Tin Roof, Raleigh
- January 28: Arcana, Durham
- Feb 1: 2nd Wind, Carrboro
- Feb 4: Tin Roof, Raleigh
- Feb 11: The Cave, Chapel Hill
- March 19: The Cave, Chapel Hill
- March 21: 2nd Wind, Carrboro
- March 28: Yonder, Hillsborough
- April 17: Nash Street Tavern, Hillsborough